Drake is one of the most popular and influential rap artists of our time. He has won multiple awards, sold millions of albums, and collaborated with some of the biggest names in music. But what about his personal style? What kind of perfume does Drake wear to complement his charisma and confidence?
In this blog post, we will explore the different colognes that Drake has been associated with, according to various sources. We will also give you some tips on how to choose and wear perfume like a pro. Whether you are a fan of Drake or just curious about his fragrance preferences, this guide will help you discover the scents of the rap star.
The Colognes That Drake Wears
Drake is known for his versatility and creativity in his music, and the same can be said for his cologne choices. He has been spotted wearing a variety of fragrances, ranging from classic to niche, from fresh to woody. Here are some of the colognes that Drake has been reported to wear:
- Creed Aventus: This is one of the most popular and acclaimed fragrances in the world, and it has often been associated with Drake. Creed Aventus is a woody and fruity scent that exudes power and success. It has notes of pineapple, black currant, bergamot, birch, jasmine, patchouli, oakmoss, musk, and ambergris. It is a versatile and long-lasting fragrance that can be worn for any occasion.
- Maison Francis Kurkdjian BACCARAT ROUGE 540: This is reportedly Drake’s favorite fragrance, according to perfumer Francis Kurkdjian himself. Maison Francis Kurkdjian BACCARAT ROUGE 540 is a luxurious and sophisticated scent that combines floral, woody, and amber notes. It has notes of jasmine, saffron, cedarwood, ambergris, and fir resin. It is a rich and warm fragrance that creates a captivating aura around the wearer.
- Tom Ford Tuscan Leather: Drake has been known to wear this cologne, and he even wrote a song about it called “Tuscan Leather”. Tom Ford Tuscan Leather is a leather-based fragrance that is spicy and smoky. It has notes of raspberry, saffron, thyme, olibanum, jasmine, leather, suede, amberwood, and patchouli. It is a bold and sensual fragrance that is perfect for winter and evening wear.
- Drakkar Noir: Drake has been associated with this classic fragrance that was launched in 1982. Drakkar Noir is a fougere scent that is aromatic and fresh. It has notes of lavender, lemon, bergamot, rosemary, basil, coriander, juniper berries, sandalwood, patchouli, oakmoss, vetiver, cedarwood, amber, and musk. It is a timeless and masculine fragrance that can be worn for any occasion.
How to Choose and Wear Perfume Like a Pro
Choosing and wearing perfume can be a fun and rewarding experience if you know how to do it right. Here are some tips and tricks that will help you find and apply perfume like a pro:
- Find your favorite perfume: The first step to choosing perfume is to find one that suits your personality and preferences. Everyone’s body chemistry is different, so what smells great on one person might not work for another. The best way to find your favorite perfume is to try it on your skin and see how it smells on you. You can also read reviews online or ask for recommendations from friends or experts.
- Choose the right concentration: Perfumes come in different concentrations of perfume oil, which affect their strength and longevity. The higher the concentration, the stronger and longer-lasting the perfume will be. The most common concentrations are eau de parfum (EDP), eau de toilette (EDT), eau de cologne (EDC), and eau fraiche (EF). EDP has the highest concentration (15-20%), followed by EDT (5-15%), EDC (2-5%), and EF (1-3%). Depending on your preference and budget, you can choose the concentration that works best for you.
- Choose the scent for the right occasion/season: Another factor to consider when choosing perfume is the occasion and season you are wearing it for. Different scents can create different moods and impressions depending on the context. For example, light and fresh scents are ideal for summer and daytime wear, while dark and intense scents are better for winter and evening wear. You can also choose scents that match your outfit or mood.
- Apply perfume on skin: The best way to apply perfume is to spray it directly on your skin where it can interact with your body heat and natural oils. This will enhance the fragrance and make it last longer. However, you should avoid spraying perfume on broken or irritated skin, as it can cause irritation or infection.
- Know the right points: When applying perfume on skin, you should target certain areas where the fragrance will last longer and project better. These areas are known as pulse points, where the veins are closest to the skin and the blood flow is higher. The most common pulse points are your wrists, neck, behind your ears, inside your elbows, behind your knees, and on your ankles. You can also spray perfume on your chest, back, or stomach for extra diffusion.
- Apply on hair: Another way to wear perfume is to spray it on your hair, which can act as a natural diffuser and make the scent linger longer. However, you should be careful not to spray too much or too often, as alcohol-based perfumes can dry out or damage your hair. You can also use hair products that are scented with your favorite perfume, such as shampoo, conditioner, or hair spray.
- Don’t rub, dab your skin: A common mistake that many people make when applying perfume is rubbing their wrists together after spraying. This can actually break down the fragrance molecules and alter the scent. Instead of rubbing, you should gently dab your skin with your fingers or let it air dry naturally.
- Don’t spray near the skin: Another mistake that many people make when applying perfume is spraying too close to the skin. This can result in a concentrated and overwhelming scent that can be unpleasant for you and others around you. Instead of spraying near the skin, you should hold the bottle at least 15 cm (6 inches) away from your body and spray in a sweeping motion.
- Spraying less is often more: When it comes to perfume, less is often more. You don’t need to spray a lot of perfume to smell good. In fact, spraying too much can have the opposite effect and make you smell overpowering or offensive. A good rule of thumb is to spray no more than two or three spritzes of perfume per application. You can always reapply later if needed.
- Spray after taking a shower or bath: The best time to apply perfume is after taking a shower or bath when your skin is clean and moist. This will help the perfume adhere better to your skin and make it last longer. You should also avoid applying perfume right before going out in the sun, as this can cause the fragrance to evaporate faster or react with UV rays and change the scent.
Perfume is a wonderful way to express yourself and enhance your style. By following these tips and tricks, you can choose and wear perfume like a pro and smell amazing all day long.
If you are looking for some inspiration on what perfume to wear, why not try one of the colognes that Drake wears? You might find a new favorite scent that suits you perfectly.
Whether you choose Creed Aventus, Maison Francis Kurkdjian BACCARAT ROUGE 540, Tom Ford Tuscan Leather, Drakkar Noir, or any other cologne, remember to enjoy the experience and have fun with it.
Thank you for reading this blog post. I hope you found it informative and helpful. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below.
This is Lily Roux, signing off. Stay tuned for more blog posts about perfumes and fragrances.